Every year one of the top financial New Year’s resolutions is to save more money. Sadly, many of our resolutions are broken within the first month. Have you ever broken yours? I know I have (just being honest!).
The good news is that you don’t have to wait until next year to start saving more money. Every day gives you a chance to start anew.
It’s never too late to start saving!
You know what they say- “there’s no time like the present.” And it just so happens America Saves Week is coming up February 24th – March 1st, 2014.
America Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. The purpose of this week is to help you get your savings plan in place, so you can start reaching your savings goals. It’s been proven that people with a plan are more successful.
What better way to kick off your new savings plan than to join in the fun?!
I encourage you to take the America Saves Week pledge online. Here are some of the benefits of participating in America Saves Week:
- Quick way to create a basic saving plan, helping individuals save more successfully
- Demonstrates personal commitment
- Welcome email from your campaign detailing local resources
- Monthly email with helpful saving strategies and links to additional resources, some written by a national expert
- An opt-in resource of goal-centered text messages
- Saving tips and information through Twitter and Facebook
- Quarterly newsletter that features current financial information and stories from successful savers
- Website tools such as calculators to support savings behavior
- Re-pledging gives savers an opportunity to reflect on the past and recommit for the future
Happy Savings to You! 🙂